|Nothing Can Stop us, probably...
With four games remaining Hammers fans are cursing a series of poor refereeing decisions that have sabotaged their charge for Champions league qualification.
>Robbed against Chelsea by a last minute incorrect penalty award!
>Robbed against Palace by a harsh red card that was subsequently rescinded!!
>Robbed against Arsenal by a series of poor offside calls!!!
>Robbed against Leicester by an incorrect penalty award in the last seconds!!!!
But we can still do it, and here's how;
1. We need to win all of our remaining games to accrue 68 points.
2. That will automatically place us above Man United as we will have to beat them in the final game at Upton Park.
3. We then require EITHER Man City or Arsenal to mess up in their final three games.
4. Given that both the Gooners and Man City have vastly superior goal differences to us, they would need to get no more than 3 points in their remaining games.
5. Arsenal have Norwich at home up next. The Canaries are 10/1 BUT are fighting for their lives - a scenario that often unsettles the volatile Gooners. Their final game is against 'nothing to lose' Villa....in between they face Man City.
6. Man City look less likely to stumble as they are on a swashbuckling run with Aguero at his best again. Away to Southampton will be tough and then after Arsenal they are away to Swansea where it's hard to see anything but a thrashing!
The margins are tight BUT remember 2007 with ten games to go we were written off. Time to recapture that Tevez spirit!!!
Are you listening, Dimitri?